God's Will for You
Seems almost impossible to know what God wants of us, and what His plan for us would be. And yet, because of His love, sacrificial love through Christ, we can be assured that He desires to reveal His master plan for our lives, and each step along the way. The daily devotions from Warriors-of-Peace are designed to help each of us align under His lead, to grow, to know, and to help others be assured of His great love, as well.
As you follow the format of Warriors-of-Peace, recording your “Thoughts” following each devotional, take the additional time to consider the following steps:
1. Plan. All of our thoughts and actions need to lead to His Kingdom glory. Matthew 6.33 says, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all things shall be added unto you.” Believe it, live by it. God will lead you to understand His plan for your life, step by step.
2. Purpose. Proverbs 29.18 states, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Perhaps you are either bored or busy – either extreme producing really nothing. At the macro level, our real purpose is to know Christ and make Him known – good starting point!
3. Path. Psalm 119.105 states, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Regular Bible time opens our eyes to God’s leadership, love, and promises to grab hold of and put on the refrigerator and our hearts as we go down the trail.
4. Prayer. Jesus instructs us to ask. “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you” (Matthew 7.7). Simple enough. What are you asking for? Is it in concert with plan, purpose and path? Parking spaces are financial aid are always welcome!, but should not be the only things we are requesting.
5. People. God also uses others in our lives to provide the vectors He needs us to take. What godly people are we hanging out with? Perhaps that is something that needs to change! Godly people, those that spend time maturing their relationship with God and their walk with Him through Christ have god-like things to say – listen and learn.
6. Places, events. Our individual circumstances play a great role as well. Where are we currently living? Job? Church? Activities? Does something need to change?
7. Peace. The indwelling Spirit of Christ, joined with our own spirit, will set our hearts and minds in a state of peace or no peace. Follow the peace!
This is no magic formula, just part of our “walk” with God. A couple of other ideas that when combined, might help pull this altogether:
First, consider Trend Analysis – the process of looking behind and reviewing your devotions and Bible readings, events and comments on a regular schedule – weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, yearly. If you did not write it down, you have nothing to review! So, keep a daily record. That’s why Warriors-of-Peace uses the “Thoughts…..” section as a place for you to record daily devotional thoughts. These, when reviewed and combined with the steps above, lead to trends in our lives.
Second, consider Forecasting – the process of looking ahead. Build and follow a quarterly schedule of events and activities for at least the year ahead. Four big squares on a piece of paper for the year to come. Fill it out, with the trends and other inputs you may have from above. Remember, as God reveals His will for your life, to give thanks.